Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Dressmaker snippets


This card is for Kaboodle Doodles challenge - friendship. I just found out I made their top 3 too with my last dressmaker inspired card for my friend - yipee!
I used an embossing folder and then inked over with TH spun sugar. The mannequin is a rescue from this card. I didn't get a good impression when I paper pieced it last time, so I cut it out so that the part of the form that didn't quite stamp is off the page -so to speak. I then also put some adhesive glitter film over the top. It was stamped on a snippet and the butterflies cut from the same paper with a MS punch. I added a little bit of some ribbon, I really don't want to use LOL! The sentiment is from the same Creative Expressions set as the mannequin. So this card also fits Pixies crafty snippet challenge #33.
I'd also like to enter it into Simon Says Stamp challenge - bingo line, ribbon, gems, punches.

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love that embossing folder
Lisa x

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the embossing & the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “All About Friendship” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Mrs A. said...

Love that sentiment. Hugs mrs a.

Mrs A. said...

Forgot to say well done on your top 3 win. Hugs Mrs a.

Cheryl said...

I just love this! Thanks for playing along with s at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Shirley said...

Wonderful card. You have some lovey embossing folders and use them to such good effect. Great sentiment too.

Cumbrianlass said...

A super card, I really like the embossed background and the colours are great
thanks for Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck
Janet

Di said...

Brilliant card, and I adore that embossing folder! Di xx

Twiglet said...

just whizzed back thro a few of your posts - such lovely cards - especially today's. x Jo

Lynn said...

Beautiful card - a delish TH colour, and great embossing folder. Lynn x

The Gov. said...

What a beautiful card and I love the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Lynne said...

Wow Lynn, that is one fab embossing folder. Love the inking too.
Lynne xxx

Gay Peplow said...

Hi Lynn, This is gorgeous in the pink what a fab folder, lots of detail and a great sentiment:0) Good to hear that you're back to work, I didn't realise how debilitating Vertigo can be, I hope you're fully recovered really soon, Gay xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely! Good save! xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

MaryH said...

What a perfect card for any sewer (as well as anyone else of course!) Love that folder...what brand???Enjoyed reading about your rescue of the dressmaker dummy...it's always fun to hear how someone else salvages a boo-boo. I'm always looking for tips!!! TFS