Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Poetry corner


The challenge on CD Sunday this week is Poetry corner. I decided to use this poem which is on a stamp by Clarity. I used black detail embossing powder to give a nice sharp image. The papers are snippets from the Debbi Moore CDrom Shabby chic Victorian botanical which I used on a card a few weeks ago. I did have to print the butterfly and ladybird which I cut with spellbinder dies from the marvellous squares set. I also printed the piece I stamped the sentiment onto. it is meant to be an insert but I scaled it down and used a marvellous square to cut around it, it is one piece but because the printing didn't go to the edges of the paper it looks like it is mounted. I added the tag and used a PTI sentiment.
I'd also like to enter the card into:-
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge - need a Poem and poppies
and because I got to use a snippet - Pixies Crafty snippet challenge #43.

15 comments:

sue-b said...

Beautiful card Linby, love the lay out and colours and the little bugs. Thank you for joining us at Cd sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

I love this Linby, a beautiful poem and image, super die cut's too. This particular set is gorgeous and I have it in my collection.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty and love the poem.. thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight
Lisa x

Mistys Mum said...

A really lovely card & I love that poem. x

MaryH said...

The poem is so well chosen with your theme & the background papers. Love the way you inserted the sentiment into the S/B die. I have this set, and can it be used so many ways. It's one of the best they've come out with in a while...very versatile. TFS such a lovely card.

starcyl said...

I really like the poppies on this cd and you have made a beautiful card with a sweet poem.
Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is lovely. The poem is so perfect for the poppies (or is it the other way round?) - it's a great layout too.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Such a pretty card, poppies are a favourite of mine, the poem is so apt. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges again. Caz

Di said...

Love this card Linby, such soft colours and I adore poppies. Really pretty! Di xx

Merry said...

This is a real pretty card. I especially like that background paper. Thanks so much for leaving the info about the embossing with a PTI plate. I have passed it on to my friend who has I am sure tried it out. Thanks

Carol said...

Lovely die cutting to enhance your images and poem. I am just starting out with die cutting so love looking at what else everyone is doing.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Poppies are one of my favourite flowers and the verse is lovely.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Whimsey said...

Very elegant; love the tag!!

Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!!

~Michele

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely words and beautiful card
Margaret

Ellie said...

Such a beautiful card Lynn! Loving your sketch, beautiful designer paper too, and love how you framed the sentiment panel. Gorgeous!