LIM week 115- a film - one layer

As most of you will know I am a bit of a Fashionista - so when it came to the Less is More challenge to chose a film, I chose "Coco before Chanel" - and I just happen to have a stamp with a Chanel quote on it! The stamp is from Krafty Kimmie and I have been itching to use it, so this is great. I used a mask from Clever cuts and sponged pan pastels over it to create the background. I felt it was lacking something and added a small A Griffin flourish. I decided not to colour her dress, thinking the background half colouring it was a nice effect.
My next film is "Cocktail" which is really just another excuse to use one of my new Frou Frou stamps from Crafters Companion. I've used Cosmic acrylic drawing inks to colour the image and a fleximarker for the skin tone. I used a set of spellbinder dies to emboss the corner and then coloured over with pan pastels. the sentiment is not from the stamps that go with the image, I decided to use one from a MFT set.

Comments

Jane Willis said…
Great cards Lynn. Love the bright blue dress on the second one, really eye-catching
Rosemary said…
fab set of cards, lynn... love that krafty kimmie image!
Anonymous said…
Two great cards-fabby images you have used and great takes on you film choices :)
Nessa xx
Gillian R said…
Lovely card & great film choice
Kathyk said…
Two fab cards - love your movie card

Kathyk
Chrissie said…
Two for the price of one today Linby... both are super!
Great thinking!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Lisa Jane said…
They are both fabulous ,... i love that top one -so elegant
Lisa x
Loli said…
Hola Linn OOOOhh la la my friend, what beautiful and clever cards!!!, the first one is super Coco, the sentiment is perfect, great effect the pan pastel only for colouring the card...and the second...oh lala the frou frou stamp!!!very sexy and fashion waiter girlr :D:D:D, i like the bright colous, clever idea the embossing corner, two fantastic jobs Linn, well done my fashion friend:D
A warm hug from Palma and have a nice week
Unknown said…
Both cards are fantastic luv the image and quote on the 1st one.
Chris x
Aileen said…
Perfect for the challenge. Lovely cards. x
Really fabulous, I love the stylish image and elegant layout
Lindsay xx
Anonymous said…
Two brilliant cards Lin!
xx
Victoria said…
both are realy fun although I love the first one - great sentiment stamp too.
Love
Victoria
x
Beverley said…
Fab cards, great film choice too! Hugs Bev x
Jen Nelson said…
Fab card and great film. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"
Jen Nelson said…
Fab card and great film. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"
Merry said…
Two wonderful cards. Great layouts on both of them
Juls said…
Fabulous cards!!! Love them both!!! I am now wishing I got those crafters companion stamps!!!! Hugs Juls xxx
Juls said…
Fabulous cards!!! Love them both!!! I am now wishing I got those crafters companion stamps!!!! Hugs Juls xxx