Makes me smile - LIM week 168

It's been awhile since I entered a lot of my favourite challenges, but hopefully I can put that right this week. Starting with this my card for Less is More challenge - Makes me smile. This is a free stamp set with a magazine a year or so ago and I used the free papers that came with it to paper piece the image and cut out the Joanna Sheen banner, using some of the waste to balance the card.

On the point of making me smile. I just had a phone call from a chap who said he was from the hearing centre. Being a totally unsolicited call and a Bank Holiday, I thought I would play a little. I said "sorry what was that" he repeated he was from the hearing centre, I said "sorry, I can't hear you" he repeated his line, I said "hello, is anyone there" and he repeated.......... I had to put the phone down at that point, he obviously didn't see the irony! Of course the phone has just rung again, but I know the number now so won't be answering again.

Comments

Juls said…
He he ....... Your card is fab, so very stylish & I am living the red outfit!!! Hugs Juls
Craft-E-Place said…
Great card. Great post you certainly made me smile - naughty as it is I do love winding up cold callers too!!!!
Elaine
Jane Willis said…
Gorgeous card, lust the right level of sauciness! And talking of sauciness, I love what you did with the cold caller.
Ellibelle said…
Fabulous card, and what a fun sentiment!
Anne said…
Welcome back Linby and what a super card, love it!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Anne
LIM Designer
Skye said…
A fantastic card. Love the image and design.
Chrissie said…
Saucy one Linby!
Great fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Darnell said…
Your card made me smile, Linby, but your trick played on the unsolicited salesman made me laugh right out loud!! Go you!! I love it! Hugs, Darnell
Merry said…
You are too funny....I wonder if that salesperson ever figured it out. :-) This is such a wonderful card an it definitely gave me a smile.