White, Gold and blue


I've taken inspiration from a few challenges for this card. It all started with Winter Wonderland who want to see a Christmas Scene, coupled with A Day for Daisies who want to see stitching faux or real. So I used this snowy scene digi from delicious doodles and then also imposed ADFD digi over the image by cutting it out in MCS.  My gold faux stitching is around the edges of the mount. I then decided to use the colour scheme from the Allsorts challenge this week which is white and gold and one other colour. So for my other colour I chose blue, as I had already colourised the snowy scene with blue. I used promarkers to colour the digi.
One of the ivy dies is from Tattered lace and the other one I won in the playground and is a Joanna Sheen die. The skates and large flower die are from Marianne. I have so been wanting to use those skates since I got them, I just love them. I did have ice skating lessons when I was younger, all before Torvill and Dean and the Nottingham ice skating boom, but I never made it past a couple of lessons, too scared! I do love to watch ice skating though.
I can honestly say I would never have come up with this card without these challenges, and I just love what they all inspired me to create.

Comments

brenda said…
Blue is a colour I don't tend to use much Lynn but it does look good with the gold, really lush. And love the image.

B x
brenda said…
Forget my own head one of these days, totally forgot to say thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x
Lynsey said…
Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining in with the Winter Wonderland challenge this week!
Hugs Lynsey x
mags said…
A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland and good luck.
Mags
x
Craftnut said…
Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts Tracy x