mid month reminder for wings at Penny Black & More challenge

Morning everyone, here I am with my DT card for the mid month reminder for the Penny Black & More challenge. This month we are looking for wings - real or fantasy/fiction will do. Just remember to make stamping the focal point of your card, you don't need to use a Penny Black stamp but we don't allow digi stamps.

I used PB4306L Kisses in the sun for my card and a sentiment from PB40-239 Sprinkles & smiles which is my new favourite for sentiments, it's so versatile and the sentiments are all lovely.

I created a background on my gelli plate and then placed a stencil over it and ran it through my grand caliber to give the trellis effect, I then used another stencil over the top for the flowers. Finally I stamped over with the butterly and then painted it with cosmic shimmer drawing inks and used a script embossing folder over the whole piece. I then lightly brushed ink over to highlight the embossing and used the punched rectangle from Tattered lace to cut it out. The sentiment is a piece of the same background stamped and cut out with a smaller die. I then mounted it onto a Craftwork card pre printed base and added a couple of MS butterflies which had also been put through the embossing folder.

Thanks for looking. Hope to see you over at the challenge blog - as always there are fantastic prizes on offer from our lovely sponsors.

I'm also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp challenge - show your favourite technique/product. Well at the moment it is using my gelli plate.

Comments

Whisper said…
Aaaah i'm loving the stencil work, gorgeous butterfly and i so want that those sentiments too, Luv Sam x
Doreen said…
This is gorgeous,fab image and details.xxx
susiestacey said…
Lovely card Lynn, great details and stamping
x Susan x
susiestacey said…
Lovely card Lynn, great details and stamping
x Susan x
Lin said…
Such a pretty design, Linby, kind of an impressionistic look! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!
Babs said…
Oh so pretty, love the background, and your butterfly ..such a gorgeous card...x
brenda said…
As always a super make Lynn and gr eat inking and stamping.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x
Tracy said…
Hi Lynn
This is gorgeous, beautiful inking and I love the design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x