week 234 LIM Meets Snippets


What a lovely surprise when I checked the Less is More challenge this week to find Miss Di of Snippets Playground fame as a GDT. I quite often end up using snippets for my LIM card and entering both challenges anyway, so a bonus week for me! Congrats Di on your GDT week too.

I've used a Lil Inker die and technique that Kylie used on her blog with this card. I created a background using brushos and then cut out the "happy birthday". You can see that die cut on the card below. Then I used the waste from that cut to put into a cut of the die from white card. It needed more on the card, so using a square die I partly cut a square in the card base to provide a background for the die.

I also want to give a big thank you to Kitty from My Mum's Craft shop who tracked down this die for me, only to find she didn't sell it - so I got it from Make the Day Special.

My second card also uses the brusho background to cut bricks and place down the side of the card base which was embossed with a brick background.

I'm finding that once I create a brusho or gelli background I can't let go of the snippets!

As well as entering Less is more - I am off to the snippets playground to show the playmates.


Comments

Kathyk said…
Two very cool makes

Kathyk
Di said…
Oooer, I had to read this a few times but now I get it - so clever to use both the main die cut plus the waste - great cards!

Hugs

Di xx
cotnob said…
Two fabulous cards, a brilliant way to use your waste.
Pauline
x
Sazzle Dazzle said…
2 fabulous CAS snippets cards Linby and great to see you've popped in at both LIM and Pixies.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More
Cazzy said…
These are such a fun cards, the first one would be perfect to enter our current challenge at Quirky Crafts. Cazzy x - on behalf of   the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.
Neets B said…
Two fab cards, love the crisp white cuts with the great brusho effect.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More
Kylie said…
Beautiful cards, Linby! I love that die cut and placing it on top of a background like this (as you know). Congratulations on your LIM showcase! xx
Darnell said…
Congratulations on being showcased at LIM, Linby, for your magnificent card!! Hugs, Darnell
Darnell said…
Congratulations on being showcased at LIM, Linby, for your magnificent card!! Hugs, Darnell