Circle snippets and a visit to Stoneywell



I made a card the other day here using this die and of course when it was cut I had some waste. I also cut it in bright pink as I wasn't sure which colour I was going to use. Well I just didn't want to throw away the waste - so this is the resulting card. Although it has to stop at some point as every time I cut it this could go on for some time!

I stamped some splodges using a Kirsty Wiseman stamp and then put the die over the top and reinserted some of the waste from each of the cuts. Finally a sentiment from a Hero Arts set.

I'm going to the playground to show everyone and welcome Sarn back too. Just before I go you might want to know my of an outing to a National Trust property yesterday - Stoneywell in Leicestershire. It's a fairly new property and I only found out about it thanks to the lovely Ange and her wonderful blog here - which is also worth a look.

Stoneywell is built in the Arts and Crafts style and although small inside it was a brilliant visit and wonderful gardens to see too.


Originally it had a thatched roof as can be seen from this painting.

The larder
Of course I had to have a photo of the typewriter
Wouldn't you just love a window seat like this?








Comments

Di said…
Great snippets card Lynn - I did laugh as am sure you could keep going if you didn't call a halt at some point with that fabulous die! Wonderful photos of Stoneywell too.

Hugs

Di xx
Juls said…
Really fun & funky card :-) ... Thanks for sharing your photos too xx
brenda said…
Fab use of colour Lynn and of course the waste out to such good use.

B x
Barb said…
A lovely dramatic looking card Linby. I love the splats behind the diecut. Stonewell looks a lovely place to visit. Must remember this when our friends visit as it's not too far from us. Barbxx
Now that is an impact card and I LOVE it.

Thanks for sharing the cottage it looks so dreamy.
Faith
x