Add a sentiment at Penny Black & More

Our new challenge over on the Penny Black & More challenge blog is "Add a Sentiment".

For my DT card I've used the Patisserie 30-301 which I have been itching to use for ages and combined it with a sentiment from the Sprinkles and smiles set.

A new tool I got was a speckling brush, so I decided to try it out with this card. I stamped the image and then used masking fluid to cover it, then using brushos I "speckled" the paint for a finer coverage over the image. I then stamped the shops from the Patisserie set in the background and removed the fluid. I then used the brushos to colour the images.

Thanks for looking and I hope to see you at the challenge blog this month. As always we have such fantastic prizes on offer and of course my teamies have their usual inspirational makes to inspire you.

As this is NBUS stamp set I am heading to Darnell's for my third entry into her NBUS #7 challenge.

Comments

brenda said…
Great 'speckling' on the background Lynne and super card - I am right I hope in assuming all those boxes have craft goodies in them.

Have a lovely Sunday.

B x
This is such a fun card Lynne but I doubt her legs will stay that thin for long after eating those cakes lol ;). You've done a great job with the speckling brush. I could really use one of those. I tend to tap the wet paintbrush agains my finger, over the card but the results tend to be a little hit and miss and it's so frustrating when you mess it up at the last stage! I like the stamps that you've used and your colouring is great. In answer to the comment that you left on my blog (Thank you) the TH die is one of my favourites and I use it all the time. I also have his Flourish stencil, which I love too and I believe they have now made that into a die, so that's another one for my wish list :) Sandra X
Sue - said…
What a great speckled background. It makes a perfect backdrop for your stamps.
Ellibelle said…
What a fun card Lynn, this is such a cute set, one of my favorites, I need to use it again soon!
Whisper said…
Oooo what a great scene and am loving the speckling too.

The Isle Of Wight is fabby, we have been for a weeks hols for the last 3 years - it's so dog friendly and about 50 years behind the main land, it's great and lots of lovely places to eat too, Luv Sam x
Anonymous said…
the speckling looks fabulous and sounds like fun! perfect sentiment and bow on this very pretty card!
Tracy said…
Hi Lynn
Lovely creation, love your colours, the image is great and fab colouring too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x