Poppies for Armistice Day

I always try to make a Poppy card for this time of year - and today is Armistice Day for the UK. I've used a poppy stamp that hadn't yet seen ink and stamped onto a snippet of white card, cutting around it with a distressed die with the two parts of the image that overhang left outside the die.

I've coloured the image with spectrum noir sparkle pens, and then with water washed the background with the green sparkle pen - it really does glitter beautifully in real life. I've used another poppy set for the word background behind the die. From my snippet box I cut the die in red and then again part of the die in green - otherwise I will end up with a never ending task of fitting waste into dies!

I found out about a group for adults with learning difficulties this week that needed art and craft supplies.So I had a good clear out in the craft room including a lot of my snippets and die cuts that I had "waiting to be used". They were so pleased when I took everything to them - I've promised to go and do a craft session with them too.

This is for the snippets playground, don't worry I've still got lots of snippets to play with, making new ones all the time too!

Comments

julie_woolston said…
Absolutely beautiful Lynn,
Hugs Julie xxx
Barb said…
A very beautiful card Lynn on a very special day. Barbxx
A beautiful card Lynn. The Poppy stamps are lovely and just perfect for today. Sandra X
Di said…
Beautiful Lynn and so perfect for today! How lovely that you found somewhere good to donate stuff too - but am pleased you won't run out of snippets just yet :)

Hugs

Di xx
Elizabeth said…
Beautiful card, Lynn, and so fitting for this week. It's lovely that you have found a group that is interested in crafting and only too happy to take your donated stash. They sound like a fun bunch too. Elizabeth xx
cotnob said…
This is beautiful Lynn, such an elegant design.
Pauline
x
brenda said…
Lovely creation Lynne, it's Poppies so will say no more. Lovely to give some craft stash away to a god cause, I do the same for the nursning home Dad was in and sometimes go and have a session with them as well.

B x