Monday, 26 September 2016

Feminine at Ooh La La Creations Challenge blog

Our challenge theme on Ooh La La Creations challenge blog this time is chosen by Jennifer and it is Feminine.  I do love fashion and what could be more feminine than shoes and a handbag? I've made my DT card using the Shoes in Bloom cdrom.

I printed the backing paper directly onto the card blank which saves trying to line it up and also on postage!. 

Thanks for looking and I do hope you can visit the blog and see the lovely cards my talented teamies have made. Can't wait to see your entries for this one.

Sunday, 25 September 2016

September Rudolph Day

 I've used the Penny Black Poinsettia stamp for the basis of this card. I actually stamped and water coloured the stamp a few months ago but wasn't inspired as to how to use it until now. I cut one of the images in half and put it behind. I added some CC spectrum glitter pen to the edges in green and the centre in red. I used a CC embossing folder and and then coloured with spectrum aqua tints, sponging gold aqua tint and then gold embossing wax over the of the wording. I cut a little of the wording off the embossed base and used it to make the sentiment.
Here's a close up which catches the gold better.
Of course I made this for Mo's Rudolph challenge - not many to go now and I really need to step up Christmas card production!

Friday, 23 September 2016

Strictly snippets

 I needed to make some cards with a Strictly Come Dancing theme and have had a birthday card with dancing couples on it for a couple of years. It has sat there waiting to be recycled as I do love the images. So this is it's chance! For the first card I used the new Sue Wilson birthday shadow box die (I can see lots of use for this!) and the star is from the Christmas shadow box set.

Next a card blank I had embossed and sat forgotten - pleased it's finally made its debut.
 Then a Charleston couple die and two tonic dies which are NBUS.
 Finally another tonic die and the last of the images.

Apart from the card blanks all the die cuts were from snippets so I am off to the snippets playground to share.

Thursday, 22 September 2016

Things with wheels @ CD Sunday

I've used the Ooh la la cdrom The Paula Oakley collection for this card. All the elements are printed from the cdrom. I added a little "film" edge to the picture so that it looked liked the ones we used get in the 60/70s by cutting a frame from white gloss card.

I'm entering this into the "things with wheels" challenge on CD Sunday.

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get a free workshop at the new Crafters Companion store in Chesterfield as a thank you for being a silver member. I had already been on Monday and had a look around and so yesterday I was there again and a few more things may have fallen in my basket. We really are lucky to have a lovely store so close, although as the journey is all on the motorway it only takes 25 mins but actually it is a 50 mile round trip!

Here I am (in the denim blue) with the other ladies and Dawn from CC who took the workshop. We made a lovely star book and then we got to have cream cakes and tea!

Tuesday, 20 September 2016

September Clarity class

It was my regular Clarity workshop the other week but I have waited until Maria held her last class to reveal my makes. One I did share the other day for the Clarity challenge and these are the rest made with the small round gelli plate.

The first one I am so pleased with and hope to do more like this.

 The one below was the first one we did and the mask was the gelli plate. We then took a print off it and sprtized it more to make the "moon" for the first card above.

Monday, 19 September 2016

LIM week #294 - Diamonds

I was in Sainsbury's a few weeks ago and they had some glitter card - it was so sparkly and reduced in price. I decided to use some for this card, and of course it is not the grade I am used to working with, there is glitter everywhere it shouldn't' be! That will teach me to buy what I think is a bargain.

The Diamond challenge on Less is More this week has led me to make this card and I am not sure I am totally happy with it, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment. I've used Wplus9 diamond stamp and die cut and the wording is using Clarity Alphabet stamps. I added a little glitter under the letters too.

I also thought I had come up with an original idea, but notice now that I may have unwittingly CASED one of the DT.

Sunday, 18 September 2016

mid month reminder Penny Black & More challenge - add a sentiment

 Mid month already and time for a reminder of our "Add a sentiment" challenge at Penny Black & More.

For my DT card I've used Penny Black 40-099 Soft wings and for the sentiments 30-115 Lace Delight. I used a Penny Black stencil to create the background paper and also to brush some ink onto the corners of the card. The background was just done on copy paper and was actually the waste from my gelli plate but it looked too good to throw away!

I also used some Cosmic shimmer inks to fill in some of the detail on the butterfly. Here's a closer look.
Thanks for looking and I do hope we see you over at the challenge blog this month - as always we have fantastic prizes on offer and if you use a PB stamp the chance to be a GDT.

Saturday, 17 September 2016

In the garden at the Clarity challenge blog

I've used the Clarity Garden set for this little scene and added "hope" as I think this little cat is maybe doing that!

I created this background card at our Clarity workshop last Saturday and finished it off at home. We used a round gelli plate with TH distress inks, then took away some ink with a stamp and then stamped onto the card.

I'm entering this into the Clarity Stamp challenge blog - where the theme is "in the Garden". I'm also entering at Allsorts challenge where the theme is white and black plus one other colour.