Wednesday, 20 June 2012

LIM week 72 - something shiny



If you read my last post you will see I wasn't sure if I had a cold or hayfever, well unfortunately for me it was a cold and I was off on holiday the next day! I felt really rough but managed to get away and also got to go to the Devon Contemporary Craft Fair where I got so much inspiration, oh and a new ring from this lady-
Emily Gliddon I could have bought sooo much more at the fair. Amongst all the many crafts was this lady- Judith Brown-making jewellery from vintage haberdashery items - really amazing, earrings made from hooks and eyes and press studs. Typically I feel better now I am home and back at work today, been on flu tablets all whilst I was away and sneezing for England!

Anyway, onto my card for Less is More this week where it is theme week and the theme is "something shiny". I put some snippets of silver paper through a embossing folder and then used a MS butterfly punch, mounting them onto an offcut piece of card which I ran through another embossing folder. I then stamped the sentiment into the panel. I thought I would then mount it onto some silver mirri card before placing onto a card base. Phew, I can relax now - after all I haven't missed one week of LIM since it started!
Edited to say so many people have asked what embossing folder I used - so here is a link to it, part of a 2 pack.
http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657088/sizzix-textured-impressions-embossing-folders-2pk-elegant-vine-flair-set

This is also my snippet card for Pixie's Crafty Snippet challenge #25.

18 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Really lovely card, very elegant and stylish.

Sue said...

A superb classic card. I hope you enjoyed your holiday and your cold is better! Sue x

Lynne said...

Oh this is lovely Lynn. Love the embossing.
Hope you`re feeling better now.
Lynne xxx

Mrs A. said...

This is so classy. Love the silver added elements. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's quite an LIM record, Lynn! And a beautiful elegant card!

Chrissie said...

I'm glad you're feeling better Linby and pleased to hear that your cold didn't stop you from doing some great things on your hols.
Your cards seem to get better and better.. this is gorgeous, what is the embossing folder you used on the white card?
Just gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

brenda said...

Totally elegant Lynn.

Pleased you enjoyed your holiday.

B x

Cheryl said...

oh glad you enjoyed your holiday Hun oh this is one,stunning card that embossing is simply stunning to make one really elegant,card hugs Cherylxxxxx

Deanna said...

Glad to hear you were able to go on holiday. This card is absolutely Gorgeous! What is the embossing folder you used just Fab~ continue to take care of your self :)

Viv's Visuals said...

Lovely card - glad you're feeling better!

Di said...

Really fabulous card - so elegant! Perfect for LIM and great use of snippets too :) Hope you feel loads better now. Di xx

Loli said...

Hola Linby, i hope you feel better.
Oooh Linby, your embossing folders are gorgeous!!!, beautiful and elegant card, i love the little butterflies flying and the sentiment is fantastic.
A hug from the very hot island we're melted 37oC.

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, lynn! that embossing folder is just lovely... i hope that you are feeling better!

Mandi said...

Sorry abut your cold Lynn
Your card is fabulous, that EF is wonderful, whose is it?
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Karen said...

What a beautiful card Li by - congratulations on your LIM record!

Diane said...

Super card, so pretty.
Hope your feeling better now

Merry said...

This card is beautiful....glad to hear you are feeling better and still had a great holiday.

Amanda said...

What an elegant creation, simply stunning. Hugs, Amanda x