Mixed media mayhem GDT at Quirky Crafts challenge

I was asked if I would like to be a GDT for Quirky Crafts challenge and of course said yes. The challenge for this fortnight is Mixed Media Mayhem. I'm not one for getting messy normally, but I had seen Sue Wilson do this technique last weekend. Basically take coloured cosmic shimmer glues and randomly swirl them onto cardstock. The hardest part for me was waiting for it to dry. Luckily I had some visitors this morning and was distracted long enough for it to be dry and ready to use when they had gone.  I then cut my card up using the patchwork template from Clever Cut. The wonderful image is from the sponsor Squigglefly and is called Dragonfly garden. I printed it in copper ink and then added some glitter to the wings and a gem I took off a Christmas card a couple of years ago, which fitted perfectly.

Comments

Cazzy said…
Hi Lynn,

Thanks for being our Guest Designer at Quirky. Your background is very interesting and a good example. I love the colours you used on your card, it glows!

Cazzy x
cheryl said…
Oh this is super hun just adore how you have done the background hugs cheryl xx
Sally H said…
Wow, Lynn! That is stunning!
Doreen said…
This is beautiful,gorgeous image and layout.xxx
An amazing card, love the work you have done.
Haven't missed any of your cards, just not been able to comment but I LOVE every single one of them
Merry said…
What a fun technique for the background and that image is perfect. Such a great card.