Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Happily every after @ CD Sunday

I needed to make a wedding card for a colleague who is getting married soon. I've been putting it off as I don't really like doing wedding cards, I think its the pressure to make it really special. Anyway, the challenge on CD Sunday "happily every after" gave me the start I needed and I also have always liked the hearts used in this way, so I have done my own take on it.
I used vinyl and cut the hearts on my silhouette, I then embossed the white vinyl in a spellbinders folder. The background paper and the larger pink hearts are papers from "say it with words", I'm using this cd so much at the moment. I created the sentiments using the Jane Austen font on the PC.
I'm also entering this card into the Anything Goes challenge at Divas by Design.

12 comments:

brenda said...

I'm not one for wedding and associated cards either Lynn, find them very hard. But have to say this one is lovely.

B x

Wynn Walton said...

This is very very pretty. I love your hearts and the embossing. That Jane Austen font looks good too. A perfect card for our challenge at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Christine Thomas said...

Gorgeous lyn, you have certainly made this one very special.
Chris x

starcyl said...

You may not like doing these types of card but you have done a fabulous job.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at CD Sunday this time.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

cheryl Baker said...

oh love this hun its lushes hugs cheryl xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely card very elegant x XSusan x

sue-b said...

Wedding cards are not my favorite either, but i do like what you have created, i love the fact that it has colour in it apart from the usual white and silver.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday .
sue-b DT xx

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, loving the hearts design. Thanks for joining in, though not a favourite you have made a stunning card. Appreciated at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Jocelyn said...

I think this is a lovely idea making the hearts look like the clothes the bride and groom are wearing such a clever idea.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

What a lovely idea to make the hearts look like the couples clothes. I think we all struggle making Wedding Cards but this is beautiful and I am pleased we gave you to 'kick' you needed to design it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Mistys Mum said...

Stunning card - love the hearts depicting the couple.

mistys mum - new blog - www.craftycorner27.blogspot.com

Carol said...

I was also going to say it is a stunning card - so I will. Beautiful.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT