Happily every after @ CD Sunday

I needed to make a wedding card for a colleague who is getting married soon. I've been putting it off as I don't really like doing wedding cards, I think its the pressure to make it really special. Anyway, the challenge on CD Sunday "happily every after" gave me the start I needed and I also have always liked the hearts used in this way, so I have done my own take on it.
I used vinyl and cut the hearts on my silhouette, I then embossed the white vinyl in a spellbinders folder. The background paper and the larger pink hearts are papers from "say it with words", I'm using this cd so much at the moment. I created the sentiments using the Jane Austen font on the PC.
I'm also entering this card into the Anything Goes challenge at Divas by Design.

Comments

brenda said…
I'm not one for wedding and associated cards either Lynn, find them very hard. But have to say this one is lovely.

B x
Wynn said…
This is very very pretty. I love your hearts and the embossing. That Jane Austen font looks good too. A perfect card for our challenge at CD Sunday. Wynn DT
Unknown said…
Gorgeous lyn, you have certainly made this one very special.
Chris x
starcyl said…
You may not like doing these types of card but you have done a fabulous job.
Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at CD Sunday this time.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
cheryl said…
oh love this hun its lushes hugs cheryl xx
susiestacey said…
Lovely card very elegant x XSusan x
sue-b said…
Wedding cards are not my favorite either, but i do like what you have created, i love the fact that it has colour in it apart from the usual white and silver.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday .
sue-b DT xx
Cazro said…
A very pretty card, loving the hearts design. Thanks for joining in, though not a favourite you have made a stunning card. Appreciated at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz
Jocelyn said…
I think this is a lovely idea making the hearts look like the clothes the bride and groom are wearing such a clever idea.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
Christine said…
What a lovely idea to make the hearts look like the couples clothes. I think we all struggle making Wedding Cards but this is beautiful and I am pleased we gave you to 'kick' you needed to design it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT
Mistys Mum said…
Stunning card - love the hearts depicting the couple.

mistys mum - new blog - www.craftycorner27.blogspot.com
Carol said…
I was also going to say it is a stunning card - so I will. Beautiful.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT