September Rudolph Day


Is it really that time again already? There aren't many Rudolph Days left now until the day itself!
This month I've taken the challenge from Sarn to make two christmas cards for "Rudolph Day".
I've used the new spellbinders die on both cards and stamped a Creative Expressions stamp which I embossed in silver. I've also used the Creative Expressions Snow on one of the layers and then run it through an embossing folder. The first card I did the double sided glue all over the die but for the second one I limited it to the main bulk of the die cut.
Both cards feature my newest die, the little holly leaves from Sue Wilson - I can see I will be using these a lot!
The image on the first card is from Pink Petticoat and I added some "ice" from Crafting.co.uk.

Comments

Dragon said…
Lovely textural cards Linby.
mamapez5 said…
there's lots of texture and interest on these cards. I can see the little holly sprig will be a useful one too. Kate x
susiestacey said…
Lovely icy cards Lynn x Susan x
Ann said…
Now these say snow and ice to me! Gorgeously wintery. Yes, I suppose it is time to think of Christmas cards - the shops are already full of them of course!

Thank you so much for that pretty embroidery Lin. I will put it to good use. I always thought I'd like to try ribbon embroidery - but of course I've never got round to it. xxx
Sarn said…
Cor - these are stunners Lin . . .gorgeous work. Looks like you're going to be busy with that pretty die.

Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Day.

Hugs, Sarn xxx
These are gorgeous so sparkly too
LesleyG said…
luscious snowy cards, love that die xxx
Ellibelle said…
Two beautiful cards Lynn. Loving the dies and darling penguin image!
Kathleen said…
Gosh, just love these cards so sparkly and lovely and WOW my favorite.

Kath x
Elizabeth said…
Hi Lynn, your two cards are beautiful - the die-cuts you've used are fab. And I've noted that there aren't too many more Rudolph Days left :) Elizabeth xx
Sally H said…
Wow, Lynn! Two absolutely stunning cards! Love them!
Twinks Stamping said…
Really lovely sparkly cards Lynn.xxx Jan xxx