Winter Walks with Carol @ CD Sunday

Well I didn't expect to be making a Christmas card quite so soon! The challenge on CD Sunday is Winter walks and I started with the image of the lady in the frame from MCS Festive Deco Follies as I haven't used it for ages. I then found a backing paper that was the same as the scene behind the lady and lined it up to look like she is in a scene in a frame (if that makes snese!) I then added the background Merry Christmas paper, croping part of it for the sentiment on the background and then added snowflakes and more poinsettias. Finally I put the snowdrift at the foot of the card and added some glitter and the ribbon.
It's ages since I made a whole card using MCS and I really enjoyed resizing and layering it all up.
On a practical note - I doubt her walk will be a long one in those shoes in the snow LOL!

Comments

Darnell said…
You make it all sound so easy and as if it all just fell into place, Linby! But I know it took a look of work and design talent and I think it's just gorgeous!! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and I wish you all the best in the new year!! (And good job getting that 2015 Christmas card stash started!!) Hugs, Darnell
Viv said…
Bet her feet are cold!!! LOL
Lovely card!
Happy New Year. x
VERY stylish and gorgeous

Happy New Year
x
Wynn said…
Very clever layout Linby. Yes I agree she'll have cold tootsies. Thank you for joining in at CD Sunday. Wynn DT
Desire Fourie said…
Wow Lynn this is just stunning. I love the way she is sitting in the scene with the frame around her and the colours are so striking. Wishing you a 2015 filled with tons of love and joy.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
starcyl said…
Super card Linby, I got this cd recently as part of an offer on C&C and made a few of my cards with it.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
sue-b said…
this is stunner, I really like this and it's an early one to start you off for next year. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT x
Carol said…
A wonderful creation and thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Happy New Year.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT
Jocelyn said…
Such an elegant look.
Happy New Year.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
Jane Willis said…
Gorgeous card - your matching background paper gives it real depth and perspective
Jane