First Rudolph Day of 2015 with Scrappymo



It's the first Rudolph Day of 2015 and the first one with it's new owner over on Scraps of Life by ScrappyMo. Sarn has handed over the reins after a fabulous job and I'm sure we are going to enjoy playing along with Mo just as much, you have until the end of January if you want to join in and share a Christmas card. 
Although we only need to share one card these two cards go together as they are both snippet cards also. I cut out the Merry for the first card and used the remainder card to make the second card (still with me?). The first card also uses a snippet from another card I made as the embossed base. The stamp is from Penny Black and I used gilding flakes with flitter glue.
For my second card I used a Nicecrane image and ran it through an embossing folder rubbing over with some TH old paper ink to raise the embossing.
So, I am also off to the playground to share these cards in the snippet challenge. 

Comments

Ellibelle said…
Both are just beautiful Lynn. Love the colors and such cute vintage image on the second card!
Looks like you are on the starting blocks for next Christmas with two beautiful cards. Love the embossing on the both.
Kath said…
Two fabulous cards Lynn and clever use of snippets to make two very different cards. I think the first one is my favourite as I love the way you have used gilding flakes on the Penny Black image.

Thank you for joining in the fun at the January Rudolph Day!

Kath x
Guest Designer
Di said…
Two lovely cards there - love the golding flakes Lynn and how clever to emboss the image on the 2nd card.

Hugs

Di xx
LesleyG said…
love the gilded stamped image, and the embossed one too xxx
susiestacey said…
Lovely cards Lynn x Susan x
MaryH said…
Lovely, Each card. Loved the surprise of the beige-y non-traditional colors. Each looks so very vintage, and it's especially lovely on the #2 image. Perfect! TFS & joining in with #1 Rudy Day for 2015! Hugs
Sarn said…
Both cards are lovely. Great idea to emboss the Nicecrane image for extra texture too.
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Whisper said…
Oooo very classy hun and now you only have to make one xmas card a month, i will try and join in, Luv Sam x
scrappymo! said…
Two pretty cards, Linby. Love the embossed details on both.

Thank you for taking part in my first Rudolph Days challenge of 2015.
Anonymous said…
beautiful and very elegant cards lynn! love the sentiment; i used it on my rudolph day card too. :)
Elizabeth said…
Two lovely cards, Linby. I like the embossed gold card base and the topper in the window is gorgeous in the first and again the embossed image in the second is eyecatching. Elizabeth xx
Darnell said…
Coo! These are so beautiful, Linby! Great cards for Rudolph's and for Pixie's and I love how the first card came from the second card in that the second card has part of the first ca ... Have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell