LIM week 263 - one layer - stems




For once I knew exactly what stamps I wanted to use when I saw the challenge on Less is More was stems this week - and of course with one layer!

I've had this Clearly Besotted set for some time and never got around to using it, so thought it would look nice on some watercolour card with brushos. So, that's what I did. The first card was my second attempt and more what I was aiming for, the second card I used the brushos like paint and put on with a brush, including the splatters.

The third came came about because I saw this stamp on my desk which I had promised myself to use - I really wanted it and tracked it down and yet it has never seen ink. This one I painted using twinkling H20s - you can't quite see the shimmer in the photo though.

Thanks for looking and thanks to the LIM challenge for choosing me as the January winner. I was a little overwhelmed if truth be told when I read the announcement. 

Comments

Sue said…
Wow, three gorgeous cards, very eye-catching!
brenda said…
Three beauties Lynn, great brusho backgrounds and very effective treatment to the sentiments, might need to case that idea.

B x
Rose in Chester said…
gorgeous cards, MUST try some of that........
Rose
WOW fabulous cards with great techniques and colouring.
Great set of cards. The top two are really funky but personally I love the bottom one the best.
Sharon xx
Tiya-B said…
love these cards. The messyness of the waterdolor cards is so fun. The bottom card is such a great image.
Sid said…
Beautiful cards !!
Mac Mable said…
Well deserved on your monthly win x Very creative cards today. Loving the use of the brusho's, you've achieved two gorgeous cards. What a pretty stamp on card three, no wonder you tracked it down x
Kathyk said…
Who doesn't love a splatter and your splatty card is simply splendid and your other make is gr8 too

Kathyk
Sazzle Dazzle said…
WOW! You have had some inky, painty fun Linby and I'm so glad you linked these up at Less is More. They are AWESOME and thanks again for playing along. Sarah
Chrissie said…
Love the splattered effects Linby!
Super cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Anne said…
What a fab collection of cards Linby!
Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
Anne
"Less is More"