LIM #320 Washi Tape


Having just returned from Japan (you can see pics here) you would think the challenge at Less is More of washi tape would be perfect for me. The thing is I didn't buy any washi tape! Over there it's called masking tape and although I saw a lot of it - it was very expensive and nothing caught my eye that I had to have. One of the chain stores "Tokyu Hands" has the most amazing stationery section, complete with washi tape and a few small stamps, but as the OH had been around the store and I still was in stationery I decided it was time to move on. I didn't really see any craft stores, they were more for traditional Japanese crafts when I did come across them.

So my cards are using my existing washi tape supply. The first one uses a MFT stamp together with a sentiment from another set and free glasses from a mag.

Next I decided to put the tape on a piece of card and then cut out with a die.

Finally I stamped onto the washi tape and pieced it back onto the stamp design.

I'm just going to share one more photos of Japan with you as I amazed to see these fresh Chrysanthemum heads for sale. I have had them in a salad before and they are lovely but not seen them for sale like this.



Comments

Mac Mable said…
Still envious with your trip to Japan.....You've done a great job with the washi tape you had at home. Perfect masculine first card, great bold layout and fun sentiment. The cutest of second card and such a good idea. Creative third card and loving the splats and how you stamped onto the wahsi tape x
Esther said…
What gorgeous cards! I love the bold stripes of the first one which set off the "eye test" chart so well. The softer colours are so pretty on card 2, and I love the splatters and cute plasters on the third card! It does seem unusual to see chrysanthemum heads for sale. I do have friends who pop flowers into salads... maybe it will catch on in supermarkets here one day :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)
Viv said…
Great cards Linby - confess that the spotty star is my fave!
Wow, you've been busy. I really like your first card as I didn't have to put my readers on to get to the bottom row, that makes a change! :) Crafty hugs, Sandra x
MaryH said…
You've done some really brilliant & clever designs with the washi tape. #1 is just awesome with the products that created this card. And I loved the idea of backing the tape with c/s and doing a punch. Each card uses similar products, yet still has a uniqueness from the one before. Well done, and glad you had such a fun visit to Japan. TFS & Hugs
Barb said…
You've done a great job. Three great cards. Some very clever ideas with your washi tape. Barbxx
Sazzle Dazzle said…
You've worked wonders with your washi tape here Linby and I love each of them, particularly the bold striking masculine one at the top. Such wonderful inspiration here. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x
Merry said…
Great cards, I like the bandaid card. Never seen flowers for salads sold like that.
Sarah G said…
Fabulous ideas here, Linby! You are obviously a washi pro :) I love the masculine eye test card and the dotty star card is so fun. Sounds like you had an amazing time in Japan. Great to see you at Less is More this week :)
GORGEOUS card, love the masculine one. What a fab trip you must have had, I love Chrysanthemums, I didn't know they could be eaten, will have to try it, quite a strong taste I should imagine?
Faith
x
Incredible inspiration here Linby! All these cards are so different, all stunning, all really contemporary and right on trend too. Fab use of washi tape. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx