LIM Leaves and a trip to Japan

I made this card using Penny Black stamps. I embossed the leaves using ivory powder and then rubbed distress pens over the top. I stamped the sentiment and then scribbled with the pens over the top. I'm entering this card into the one layer challenge at Less is More for leaves.

I've been missing from blogland with just scheduled posts as I have been to Japan - a wonderful time, such a different culture and so much to see and experience.

I took over 300 photos but I will just share a few with you here. We began our trip in Tokyo.
Tokyo Shinjuku area - night and day
 vending machines are everywhere
 A glimpse of the future - a robot at Miraikan Museum. We also saw ASIMO the human robot in action but were not allowed to take photographs.
 One of many figures above a shop in Asakusa
 Tokyo Tower which was the tallest mast
Tokyo Skytree - tallest mast in the world


 Senso-ji temple
 The famous Shibuya scramble crossing
We visited Hakone by Shinkansen (Bullet train) and were lucky enough to see Mount Fuji as the weather was clear.
Famous Black sulphur eggs - we didn't try them!
Pirate ship cruise across Lake Ashi
The Japanese like to show you what your food is going to look like
 The house we stayed in Kanazawa
The toilet slippers - especially for use in the toilet area
 Screens in the house
 Girls hire kimonos and have their hair done and walk around the area
 The even walked around in the snow blizzard we had
 Kenrouken gardens one of the three most beautiful gardens in Japan. This is the oldest fountain in Japan. The ropes are to protect the trees from snow and they put them up every November.
 The fish market
 The Higashi Chiya Tea District
 Gold leaf ice cream
 Samurai House

 Shirakawa-go - A Unesco world heritage site in the Japanese alps

 A closer look at one of the houses in Shirakawa-go
Beautiful sweet treats

Comments

Susan said…
Love your card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More! Isn't Japan just the best, we were there a few years back for vacation...prior to that we had just be there on business. But so much to see and do when you have vacation!!
Viv said…
What a fantastic trip Linby! Great pics. Card is lovely too!
Neets B said…
Love your emboss resist design, great leaves. And what a fabulous holiday, must feel like such a different culture there, thanks for sharing your photos.
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More, Anita x
Barb said…
Your card is a beauty Lynn. What beautiful colours. Japan looks like a very exciting place to visit. I really enjoyed seeing your photos. Wow the gold leaf ice cream looks amazing. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx
Esther said…
Such awesome photos! I love the tree ropes and that temple is gorgeous. Looks like you had a fab time :) Also loving your card with those beautiful leaves and casual Distress scribbles - a really artistic effect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)
Mac Mable said…
Gorgeous card, love the technique and the gorgeous colour of green. Amazing photos...Japan has always been on my to do list, thank you for sharing your wonderful memories x
Di said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
cotnob said…
A fabulous card Lynn, really pretty leaves.
Fabulous photographs, it looks like you had a wonderful trip.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x
Di said…
Wonderful card Lynn! And what an amazing trip as well. So varied judging by your great photos too.

Hugs

Di xx
Juls said…
Gorgeous card, & fabulous photos xx
Ellibelle said…
A wonderful CAS card Lynn and great pictures. It must have been an amazing adventure to visit Japan!
meg said…
Thanks for letting me know, hope you find some use for the goodies tried to keep them everyday items, you don't always know what people like Meg xx
Neet said…
Nice card but I was so gob-smacked with the views from Tokyo that they took over. Oh wow, what a holiday. Love the photos, wish I could have been there with you - amazing! Thanks for showing us.
Hugs, Neet xx 7
Wow, I thought I hadn't seen you around for a while. It looks like you've had an amazing time and I be the food was awesome! I wonder if you'll be going all oriental on us now in your themes? I love your card and I'm really pleased that you've had such a wonderful time. Crafty hugs, Sandra x
brenda said…
Thanks for sharing your great photos of your trip Lynn, looks like a really memorable holiday.

B x
scrappymo! said…
Oh my goodness...this looks like a fabulous vacation!
Merry said…
Oh how wonderful, love all the photos of Japan, you saw so much. Some of the photos brought back memories of our trip a couple of years ago and now I see we have so much more to visit in Japan. Your card is lovely too.
Japan has always been on my travel bucket list and your photos just confirm it's gonna stay there! Looks amazing. C x
Anonymous said…
I'm really behind, I just saw this on your sidebar. I love the green on this CAS card and the photos - you must've had a fantastic trip!