Off the Edge at The Male Room

When I saw the challenge at the Male Room was "off the edge" I knew I wanted to use this technique. Take a page from a book and stamp onto it and then tear around the image so that it looks like it is going off the edge of the page.

I painted the image using aquatints and threw some pens at it for a bit of a grunge male look. The background I am sad to cover up so much as it really turned out nice. I used aqua pens and metallic aqua tints with glycerine and then ran through an embossing folder.

The finishing touch is my go to die for male cards from Swedish House Crafts.

Comments

Mac Mable said…
Loving the idea of doing the paints and then running it through with an embossing folder...love the texture and the look. Such a fun and clever idea for 'off the edge'theme. Fabulous masculine card x
Great idea Lynn and I really like the end result. It's a fabulous masculine card. Crafty hugs, Sandra x
With both my hat and DT hat on, I think your card is Wonderful and an imaginative interpretation of the theme, Love it. Thanks for playing at The Male Room Off the Edge challenge. Faith DT
Barb said…
Another great effect. I like everything about this super card. Barbxx
Andreja said…
You made such a beautiful card :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja