Shabby chic @ CD Sunday challenge



Working with my new teamies on the Swedish House Crafts DT has rubbed off on me! I would never have created a card like this before seeing all their gorgeous work - it is no where near the standard of those ladies, but I am trying!

I used a PTI paper for the base and the next printed paper is from the Shabby chic section of the free cd rom with Crafters Companion magazine. I used a TH distress tool for the edges and inked with CE chalk cloud. I then stamped a Penny Black sentiment onto a circle and used the chalk colour cloud again around the edges and on the doily.

I had this beautiful bunch of flowers as part of a kit - they came like this, so I simply added some ribbon. In the same kit where the border and corner shapes which I again used chalk colour cloud on. I think the Chalk colour clouds really lend themselves to this shabby chic look.
The dies are from TL and thanks to CD Sunday for the flower one which I just won the other week.


Finishing touches are some buttons and some tiny CE hexagon glitter jewels which catch the light and even show up in my photo.

I'm entering this card into the current CD Sunday challenge for Shabby chic.

Comments

Nancy said…
So very pretty, Lynn! Maybe they'll rub off on me this way too! lol :o)
Pamela said…
A really lovely card Linby. The colours all go together well. I think you've used the same colour of jute that I've used on my card.Thanks for continuing to support the challenge at CD Sunday.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.
Jane Willis said…
Absolutely beautiful. You've really nailed the idea of adding lots and lots to a card without it looking like Too Much. I know it isn't your usual style but I'm sure we'll be seeing much more like this from you. Thanks for joining in at CD Sundays
Jane
Jocelyn said…
Really pretty and what gorgeous flowers.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
This card is so unlike you, BUT it suits you, it's really lovely.
Faith
x
meg said…
Absolutely stunning Linby, everything about your card says vintage, beautiful layout and finishing touches, thanks for joining in for my challenge at CD Sunday Meg
Beautiful card, you nailed the shabby chic, and those gorgeous flowers.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday DT
Wynn said…
Great shabby chic creation and lovely to see you making use of your CD Sunday prize. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT
Carol said…
What a fabulous card. A stunner. So glad you finally got a prize and it looks good.
Thank you Lynn for joining in.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT