Christmas in July for Creative Expressions Design Team


This is my latest card for Creative Expressions DT using Woodware and Phill Martin inks and stamps.

First I created a background by using a wash of Purple Paradise and Lush Pink spray inks. Putting a circle made from a post it in the sky first. Once dry I stamped the Reindeer, then using a MISTI stamped again with perfect medium for the snowflakes and embossed in silver and frosty dawn. Then using a paint brush with some water, bleached out the colour from the image and painted it using the tangy tangerine spray ink. I removed the post it circle and lightly washed over with the lush pink ink spray and I also put some of the tangy tangerine through the moon and splattered onto the card.

I used the splatterlicious background stamp in the sky and on the ground to create falling snow, embossed with frosty dawn powder.

Finally I mounted onto some CE Black foundation card and onto a card base made from CE foundation card. Then using a glue pen I ran scribbled lines around the card and sprinkled with glitter. Then a few more splashes of tangy tangerine.



Products used

Phill Martin CS Ink Spray Mist Purple Paradise CSPMMPARA


Phill Martin CS Ink Spray Mist Tangy Tangerine  CSPMMTANGY

Phill Martin CS Ink Spray Mist Lush Pink  CSPMMLUSH

Cosmic Shimmer Brilliant Sparkle Embossing Powder Frosty Dawn CSBSFROSTDAWN

Silver embossing powder 

Sentimentally Yours Splatterlicious Background Stamp   SYSPB

Woodware Clear Singles - Snowflake Reindeer  FRS655

Comments

Mac Mable said…
Wow...Such a pretty card. Absolutely love the colours you've used on this very creative and eye catching card...Amazing! x
This is gorgeous Lynn. I love the colour combination that you've used and the Reindeer looks fabulous. This is definitely one of my favourite Christmas cards. Crafty hugs, Sandra x
Darnell said…
WOW, Linby! Your spray ink background is spectacular and bold! It's an incredible artsy reindeer delight!! Hugs, Darnell
scrappymo! said…
Oh my goodness! This is gorgeous. Love the background, the stamp and your colours...
Stunning!

PS
My computer did not release the post...I went in to correct spelling and must have not hit publish again...I waited up to check it and fell asleep 2 minutes before midnite. released it when I woke up early in the am.
I didn't get an email...can you resend to maureenkane@telus.net
Would love to have a long catch up with you.
GORGEOUS card, love the colours in the background, a luxury card.
Faith
x
Barb said…
An absolutely beautiful card. The vibrant colours look gorgeous and I love the reindeer stamp. I was interested to read how you made it. Barbxx