Mixed Media @ The Male Room

o

My card today uses mainly the new cdrom I got Mix It Up Fabulously - I do really love what you can do with this cdrom. Although the background looks inky - it's actually printed directly from the cdrom - I just recolourized it and the main image. I also took the image into a graphics programme and added the words from the cdrom onto the balloons.

For the mixed media aspect I have added some birds cut from a die, some gesso to the flowers and banners and flags on the balloon. I thought it toned down the flowers - although men like flowers too!

Finally I added some left over waste from the die from this card. So I am also nipping into the Snippets Playground - well I was, just realised that I have already entered!  I also have some more waste I saved - for another card - the die just keeps on giving LOL!

I'm entering this card into the Mixed media challenge at The Male Room.

I've had a great day out today with a friend in Derby. First we went to the Book Cafe for a little cake.


Then to a fabulous Museum I only just found out about. Mr Pickfords House. A beautiful Georgian House.


Where at the moment they happened to have a collection of Vivienne Westwood shoes - so my inner fashionista was satisfied too. I knew the shoes were high - but not this high!
Rounded off by seeing this wonderful quilt made to commemorate the Pentrich Uprising.



Comments

Barb said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deborah Frings said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.