Tuesday, 19 September 2017

Masking and needlefelting


My card today ended up being a Christmas card but I didn't set out to do that! The Male Room challenge is Masking this time. So I created the little watercolour scene by masking for the sun and the little conifer trees. Then I decided to add some snow and so a Christmas card was in my mind.

The deer are a memory box die and the stamps are from a magazine last year. The frame is Craftwork cards crackle kraft paper.

I went needle felting for the first time last week. A lovely one to one tuition at the Edwinstowe Craft Centre in Tinkering Faeries. I only did half a day and managed to make a faerie and a toadstool.

Here is the setting before we began.
 Here I am felting away.
The finished items. Mine are on the left with my trade mark purple! The tutors on the right - she decided her toadstool needed more spots than I did.
I really enjoyed it and only stabbed myself twice and broke two needles which apparently is a bit of a record for a newbie.

6 comments:

brenda said...

Those Deer's are so majestic Lynn set again the watercoloured background. And your toadstools are very magical.

B x

Jane said...

Just popping in to say good luck with the DT call at The Male Room. Great Christmas card by the way.

Daffodil Cards said...

I'm here with both my hats on :)
A fabulous card, the masking is just so beautiful, love the added die too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room. Faith DT

LOVE the toadstool and fairies. Wish there were places to learn around here like that.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Lynn, such a beautiful watercolour scene.
Your needle felting class looks like fun, your toadstool and faerie look lovely.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Andreja L. said...

I like your card. Such a beautiful work with masking :-))
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. And good luck with DT. Hugs, Andreja

Rocky said...

Thank you for joining us at TMR with your pretty Christmas card, love the added die cut deer too.